You’ve found your dream home and made your reservation. So what now? Don’t worry. Yuill Homes have been building quality homes for more than 85 years now, and we’ve learned a thing or two along the way! We’ve put the benefit of our experience into the following week-by-week guide to the buying process. And to make the path to your new front door smoother still, our team of Development Sales Managers are always on hand to advise you through every stage.
- Save yourself a lot of stress by completing all forms as soon as possible
- Make sure you apply for your mortgage, pay the valuation fee and have the appropriate documentation available.
- Pre-warn your employer that your mortgage lender will be contacting them for a reference.
- Ensure your solicitor has the funds to undertake local searches on your behalf.
- At this time we’ll send a draft contract to your solicitor – check that this has been received as its arrival signifies the start of your 28-day reservation period. Your solicitor will also take it as the cue to apply for local searches and request the release of the deeds to your current home.
- Agree key dates and deadlines with your Development Sales Manager.
- Keeping open channels of communication between everyone involved helps a lot. When your mortgage lender contacts your employer, confirm that they received a prompt response.
- By now your solicitor should be working on your behalf, raising enquiries relating to the draft contract. They may also ask to discuss these with you.
- Time for a bit of colour therapy – your Development Sales Manager will confirm with you any colour choices you have made for your new home, this may change according to the stage of build for your home.
- We’ll confirm that the draft contracts have been issued and received by your solicitor, and that all mortgage valuations are in order.
- The formal written mortgage offer should have arrived from your lender by now. Sign and return it immediately – a delay at this stage could put back the date you hope to exchange contracts and may even break any chain involved. To avoid disappointment plan any occasions when you might be away from home or out of contact, with this in mind.
- Once you’ve returned the mortgage acceptance form you must sign the finalised contracts and provide your solicitor with a deposit.
- Please note the duration of time between your exchange of contracts and completion may vary depending on the nature of your development. Your Development Sales Manager will discuss this with you with regard to your specific purchase.
- This is a good time to book your removal service. Most people move on a Friday, so if this is your chosen day, either make sure you book early or be prepared to shop around!
- Shortly before your completion date it maybe necessary for your solicitor to arrange a final tour of your new home by the mortgage lender.
- At the same time we’ll arrange an appointment with you to meet our Site Manager to ensure that everything is in working order before you move in.
- Your solicitor should request the funds from your lender and ensure they are cleared in time for your moving day.
…no-one appreciates more than we do that moving can be a daunting prospect. That’s why our Development Sales Managers are carefully trained to help you in every way possible, making sure that buying a Yuill Home is as stress-free as living in one. All you have to do is ask!